Synthetic pyrethroid CYPOTHRIN (CAS 60148-52-9).
According to the literature, CYPOTHRIN has a high insecticidal activity against livestock and animals ticks, insect pests of crops, mosquito larvae.
Revealed high activity in relation to:
1. Tobacco bud worm
2. Cotton Boll Weevil
3. Western Potato Leafhopper
4. Bean Aphid
5. Southern armyworm
6. Boophilus microplus (genus of ticks from the family Ixodes. Mostly parasites ungulates.)
7. Mosquito larvae
There are studies of the insecticidal activity of CYPOTHRIN with CN cyano group in structure and without it. In most cases, the pyrethroid with the CN group is more active, in some cases the activity is the same. The racemic mixture of cis-trans isomers is in some cases more active than the pure isomers.
CYPOTHRIN showed high activity and good residual activity against livestock and animals ticks. Abroad, there is experience using CYPOTHRIN in the form of injections, tablets, feed additives.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT PRECONDITIONS
Pyrethroids - synthetic insecticides, analogues of natural substances pyrethrins contained in the flowers of plants of the genus pyrethrum (Dalmatian chamomile).
Pyrethroids have a wide spectrum of action and are effective with low expenditure rates of tens or hundreds of grams per hectare.
Pyrethroids are especially effective against lepidoptera, Hemiptera, Diptera, Hopes and Coleoptera insects. A number of pyrethroids have acaricidal action.
Pyrethroids are lipophilic substances, are well kept by the leaf cuticle and, partially penetrating into them, provide a deep insecticidal action.
Pyrethroids affect the nervous system of insects, causing paralysis and death.
For warm-blooded pyrethroids are less toxic than insecticides from other groups.
Since pyrethroids are used in small doses, the probability of their accumulation in plant products is significantly lower compared with other chemical compounds. When released into the human body, pyrethroids quickly decompose and are removed in 40 hours.
Benefits of pyrethroids:
· selective toxicity;
· the possibility of modifying each part of the molecule while maintaining activity;
· high insecticidal efficacy;
· the possibility of creating soil insecticides and effective fumigants.
Permethrin, cypermethrin, deltamethrin and their stereoisomers, fenvalerate and others are among the most common pyrethroids produced on an industrial scale.
permethrin, cypermethrin deltamethrin
A significant disadvantage of pyrethroids is their high cost due to the use of expensive raw materials and the complexity of the synthesis.
In addition, with prolonged use of pyrethroid, insects develops resistance to the drug. To solve this problem, a synergist is added to the pyrethroid - a substance that does not possess insecticidal activity, but by inhibiting certain enzymes, it enhances the action of the pyrethroid. This increases the negative impact on the environment of the insecticide and increases its cost.
There are currently no enterprises producing pyrethroids in Russia. Those of them who sell products based on pyrethroids, buy the active substance (AS) abroad and can not fully meet the needs of the market. The share of imports of synthetic pyrethroids is constantly increasing.
In that regard, the production and introduction of new pyrethroid insecticides is relevant and promising.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROPOSED SOLUTION:
· Pyrethroid CYPOTHRIN has good insecticidal and acaricidal properties.
· In the CYPOTHRIN production scheme, inden 1 is the main raw material component (see the scheme), the cost of which is quite high. In our proposed solution, the inden is used not in pure form, but as a fraction isolated from the available C9 fraction of liquid pyrolysis products (LPP) - a cheap large-tonnage by-product of ethylene and propylene production.
· Dimethyl sulfide Me2S released during the cyclopropanation reaction can be recycled.
· The sulfur ylide 2 used in the scheme is a stable compound.
· The process takes place under mild conditions, at low temperatures and with good yields.
SCHEME OF CYPOTHRIN OBTAINING